2016 is being viewed as a terrible year by so many people, and while I do agree that I wasn't a huge fan of some of the things that happened this year, I think 2016 was still a pretty good year. So many things have happened in 2016, and I think that we're focusing on the negatives things that happened instead of the positive ones. What I'm basically trying to say is that even though 2016 had its downs, it also had so many ups, and I personally had a good year.
So, on to the recap:
number of books read: I read 159 books this year. However, I'll probably finish off another book today, making the number of books I read 160.
shortest book: The shortest book I read this year wasn't even a book, it was actually a short story called "The Crown and the Arrow" by Renne Ahdieh. It's 9 pages long.
longest book: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (870 pages long)
number of pages read: 62,699 pages
average page length of books: 394 pages
average rating for 2016: 4.1 stars out of five
Favorite Books of the Year
Wow, it was really hard to pick out my favorites of the year, but these books are what I came up with. There are other books that I read this year that I loved as much as I loved the books that I'm displaying here as my favorites, but since I didn't want this section to be too long, I'm only showing four of them.
Under Appreciated Books
These are some books that not many people seem to know about. I read all three of these books this year and really liked all of them and I think that more people should read them.
SO PLEASE READ THESE, EVERYONE!
These are some books that I went into with high expectations, but ended up disappointed.
Overall this year, I read a lot of amazing books!
Counting this one, I only published 19 posts this year, which is definitely not a lot. Next year I'll try to publish more posts.
I love the blogging community, and I love writing posts. And though I wasn't very active on my blog this year, I still had a lot of fun reading other's blog posts, writing posts, interacting with bloggers, etc.
-As I think about what I've done this year, I'm realizing that I went on a lot of fun vacations this year!
- I went to Orlando to visit "Diagon Alley" and "Hogsmeade" which was really fun, especially because my family loves Harry Potter!
- I went to Hawaii and wrote a blog post about it
- I went to Niagara falls (and it was beautiful)
- I went to Montreal (which was really interesting and fun)
- I went to Washington D.C (which is great because it's such a pretty area and there are so many interesting museums and monuments)
-I bought a lot of books
-I basically lazed around the house most of summer, reading books and watching TV
-Appreciating the genius that is Lin Manuel Miranda and listening to the Hamilton soundtrack over and over again (and also reading the book)
-Attempting to watch Lost
-I listened to:
- TWENTY ØNE PILØTS (Tyler and Josh have amazing personalities, and also write really amazing lyrics)
- Panic! at the Disco (Brendon's vocal range is amazing and I love his album, "Death of a Bachelor." However, I do prefer the albums that were made when the entire band was still together. I just love the long song titles in their first album and their confusing but beautiful lyrics. And I feel like "Pretty. Odd." is such an under appreciated album and I think it deserves so much more recognition. Also, all of Ryan Ross's lyrics that he wrote in "Pretty. Odd" are amazing.)
- My Chemical Romance (I only just started listening to MCR, but from what I've heard so far, I really like their music.)
- And a bunch of other artists
- PUBLISH MORE POSTS ON THIS BLOG.
- Write more.
- Try not to stress out over things that don't need to be worried about.
Anyway, I guess that's it! I hope that you've had a good year, and that 2017 is a great year for you!