7.08.2017

You're Not Good Enough Book Tag

Hey everyone! I saw this tag around the blogosphere on Abigail's blog and on Ellie's blog. I wasn't tagged, but it seemed really fun so I decided to partake in it!

The rules are:

1) Put 30 book character names in a container.
2) Draw a pair of names for each question.
3) Use the pair to answer the question.



1) You only have one spot more spot on your spelling bee team. Who gets it? 
Cath Avery (Fangirl) vs. Penelope Bunce (Carry On) 

I think that both Cath and Penelope would be pretty good at spelling, considering that Cath is a writer and that Penelope is just incredibly smart. I'm going to have to go with Penelope, though. I think that she'd be more competitive and would really try to win it. 

2) Both characters want to kill you. Whom would you kill first to have a better chance of survival?
Isabelle Lightwood (The Mortal Instruments) vs. Frances (Radio Silence) 

Aww, but why do two of my favorite characters want to kill me? Anyways, this one's an easy one. Though I hate to have to do it, Isabelle. Isabelle has pretty much been trained all her life for the sole purpose of killing demons and I'm sure that she'd have no problem killing me, especially considering that 0% of me is athletic. Although, I have no idea how I would even be able to kill Isabelle in the first place. Let's just face it, if I was ever put in this situation, I would most certainly die. 

3) You're on the bachelor/bachelorette and down to two characters. Who gets your rose?
Celaena Sardothien (Throne of Glass) vs. Zahra (The Forbidden Wish) 

Zahra would definitely get my rose. I adore both of these characters, but Celaena just intimidates me way too much. With Celaena, I feel like there's a 50% chance that we would have so much fun and a 50% chance that I'd end up dead. 

4) You've been chosen for the Hunger Games. Who's most likely to volunteer in your place?
Magnus Bane (The Mortal Instruments) vs. Noah Sweetvine (I'll Give You the Sun) 

I think that both Magnus and Noah would sacrifice themselves for someone they really care about. But for someone who they don't really know very well? I don't really think either of the two would volunteer. But maybe Magnus would, as he would most definitely win if he entered the Hunger Games. 

5) You're stranded on an island and must engage in cannibalism to survive. Whom do you eat?
Lara Jean (To All the Boys I've Loved Before) vs. Yeva (Hunted) 

But I don't want to eat anyone? Especially not these two? But if I had to, definitely Lara Jean. I don't really think that Lara Jean would have any skills that would help out on the island, while Yeva could actually hunt for food to eat. I don't have any skills that would help out on a stranded island either, though, so maybe Lara Jean and Yeva would team up and eat me. 

6) You're the next Marvel superhero (with your own TV show, of course.) Who's your sidekick?
Ladislav Dragwyla (And I Darken) vs. Carswell Thorne (The Lunar Chronicles) 

BOTH OF THESE PEOPLE WOULD BE AMAZING TO HAVE. But I'm going to have to go with Thorne. Lara would be such a good side kick, but I just don't really think she fits into that role. She's definitely a leading woman, and she'd probably kill me so that she could be one. Besides, I think that Thorne would be an amazing person to have beside me when I'm fighting crime and aliens and all that other stuff that superheroes allegedly fight (yeah, I don't really watch Marvel movies/shows.) Thorne is so witty and funny and he brings some amazing skills to the table, too. 

7) You're a manager of an avocado company. Whom would you fire for poor communication skills. 
Inej Ghafa (Six of Crows) vs. Tyrannus Basilton Grimm - Pitch (Carry On)

I'd probably end up firing Baz for communication skills. I feel like he'd get irritated and angry with customers. I don't really think that Inej has great communication skills either, but she would at least be polite. 

8) You'e just finished a book in which your favorite character dies. Which of these two characters is most likely to comfort you?
Park (Eleanor and Park) vs. Christian Ozera (Vampire Academy) 

I think Park would really be comforting about something like this. I don't really think that Christian would understand the situation and he'd probably be scared off by my distress. 

9) Ugh, it's high school. Who would most likely be part of the popular clique?
Miles (Made You Up) vs. Linh Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles) 

Uhhh, I don't think that either of these two would be part of the popular clique, though? Like, Miles is that person who's really intimidating that everyone is low-key scared of, but he's not popular. And if Cinder were in high school, I don't think she'd be popular either. I feel like she would have her own little group of misfits. So..neither of them?

But that's not an acceptable answer, right? So, I guess..Cinder? I mean, at least, if Cinder was a "princess" in high school, then I'd assume that she'd be sort of popular?? 

10) The day has arrived. You're finally a year older! Who would have the nerve to forget your birthday?
Luna Lovegood (Harry Potter) vs. Skye Penderwick (the Penderwicks)

Both Skye and Luna might forget my birthday, but I think that Luna would be more likely to. I'm sure that Luna would be such a fun person to celebrate my birthday with, though! 

11) You've just found and upcoming YouTube star! Whom is it more likely to be?
Ignifex (Cruel Beauty) vs. Simon Spier (Simon vs. The Homo Sapiens Agenda) 

Definitely, Simon. He just has that exuberant, infectious type of personality that everyone loves. He's adorable and funny and I'm sure that he'd make a great youtube star. Ignifex is pretty charming, too, but in a scary kind of way. If Ignifex did make a youtube channel though, I'm pretty sure that there would be tons of fangirls and fanboys freaking out over him. 

12) Sleepover time! Unfortunately, you can only invite one person. Who would it be?
Matthias Helvar (Six of Crows) vs. Kit Rook (The Dark Artifices) 

Ummm, I'm not sure if either of these two would really even like to be invited to a sleepover. I really like both characters, but Matthias is really intimidating, so probably Kit. Kit is kind of intimidating too, but he's a big softie on the inside. I actually think a sleepover with Kit would be really fun. We'd probably stay up all night going on different adventures. 


13) Bam, you're pregnant. Who's the father/mother?
James Carstairs (The Infernal Devices) vs. Radu Dragwyla (And I Darken) 

I honestly think that both Jem and Radu would be good parents. They're both kind, attentive, and patient. But..I would have to say Jem. After all, Radu has a lot on his plate. I don't think he'd be able to handle being a parent. (Honestly, Jem has a lot of things to do, too, but like, his main story is over? Because TID ended a couple of years ago. But with Radu, I have to wait until the third book of the Conqueror's Saga to figure out what happens to him. *prays for a happy ending*) 

14) You've just written a super important text. Who would see it and not reply?
Molly Peskin - Suso (The Upside of Unrequited) vs. Neville Longbottom (Harry Potter) 

Definitely Neville! We already know that he has trouble remembering things, so I think that there's a large chance that he would forget. 

15) You've just woken up and it's time for breakfast. You're mom's been replaced by whom? 


Rosemarie Hathaway (Vampire Academy) vs. Dante Quintana (Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe) 

Hopefully Dante...I don't think that Rose would make a very good parent. And besides, if Dante was my parent, maybe Ari could be my other parent? (Be still my shipper heart.) 



That was really fun! Tell me what you think: Do you agree with my answers, or would you choose differently? 

- Jolly 

17 comments:

  1. I officially love this tag. I am working on a post for it at this very moment.

    Nabila | Hot Town Cool Girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I can't wait to see it!

      Delete
  2. Haha, you wrote down the same reasoning for the last question. xD Molly's pretty good at replying texts (although I do think that if you texted her while she was texting Reid, she may forget to reply???).

    Okay, NO. You did not just bring up The Penderwicks. I'm still mad at Skye, if you know which scene and which character associated to a calculator watch I am talking about. Speaking of angry, I can just imagine Baz yelling at the phone and then storming off, murmuring right after. You did a great post on this, Jollygirl-- I'm so happy you did this! I agree with all of your answers, hands down.

    xoxo Abigail Lennah | ups & downs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, I just love Ari and Dante so much! Definitely! Molly would totally prioritize Reid's texts over mine haha xD

      YES I KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT AND I'M NOT OKAY. aghhh I ship Skeffery so hard but I don't think it will happen..

      I would love to see that! Baz is adorable..in a slightly scary way.

      Thank you!

      Delete
  3. This tag is quite a good idea actually, I think this was a great post :-) It's lovely how you're so into reading and all the characters, lovin it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing post!

    I would sincerely appreciate it if you checked out my book reviews blog at https://elsbookreviews.blogspot.ca/ and possibly give it a follow as well! Excited to read more of your posts!

    - El

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      Checking it out right now!

      Delete
  5. This looks like such a fun tag! I don't think I've read any of the books, but it was entertaining to read all the same. Though, it is unfortunate how many times you'd end up dead ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This tag is so unique and looks like a lot of fun! I stumbled upon your blog, and I absolutely love it. Awesome post!

    I'm a fellow writer who's new to blogging and book reviewing, and I was wondering if you had any tips for newbie bloggers.

    If you have the time, please check out my blog @breenysbooks. I'd love any feedback. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!
      Hmmm..Well I'm a pretty crappy blogger myself, but I would say that you should post what you love! Don't feel like you have to be doing something just because other bloggers are doing it. Blogging is supposed to be a fun experience, so make sure that you enjoy it.

      Delete
  7. Great tag!
    It looks like you enjoyed doing it!
    What interesting questions (and answers)!

    Steph
    www.socialspying.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a really fun idea for a tag!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Omg this is SO fun!! I have to admit I want Ari and Dante to be my parents too...*sends a wish to the bookish universe* And I feel bad for you eating Lara Jean but I'm also laughing.😂😂

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by and commenting!